DFID through Power For All provided the association with a six months Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) to:
- Support an efficient operation and processes of REASL secretariat and;
- Leverage existing relationships and increase awareness amongst supportive international investors and funding organisations in view of providing fiscal support to the Association.
Strategic outcome of the TAF was to have:
- Functioning secretariat that works with and supports the REASL board, sub-committees, and general membership.
- Fundraising strategy with identified potential partners and secured funding commitments.
- Strengthen partnership with the SL Standards Bureau and achieve endorsement as the authentic RE Association certification partner for all IEC standards for the exemption of VAT and Duty Waivers.
- Develop a training curricula by working with tertiary and other technical vocational institutions to be used and included in diplomas and certification modules for renewable energy sector.