SOBA & REASL Partnership on a six months support from DFID-funded...
February 7, 2017
The Association received a six months support from DFID-funded program Sierra Leone Opportunities for Business Action (SOBA) program in: • Stakeholder Engagement: Foster partnerships with key renewable energy stakeholders such as Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (MOFED), MOE, National Revenue Authority (NRA) and Standards Bureau and Customs to streamline implementation of duty waiver and GST exemption as laid out in the 2016 and 2017 Finance Acts.
• Business and financial planning: Devise a business plan, clearly identifying and articulating REASL's value proposition alongside supporting financial projections to attest to the Association's financial health and viability
• Institutional Strengthening: Support strengthening of REASL's institutional arrangements and structures, the outcomes of which included:
• REASL constitution and bylaws, which include safeguards and mechanisms for mediation and dispute resolution.
• Clearly defined organizational structure - e.g. board members, secretariat, etc.
• Clear job descriptions for the secretariat, administrative members, and board of REASL.
• Clearly delineated re-election process, including dates for elections.
Technical Assistance Facility from DFID through Power For All.
November 9, 2017
DFID through Power For All provided the association with a six months Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) to:
Support an efficient operation and processes of REASL secretariat and;
Leverage existing relationships and increase awareness amongst supportive international investors and funding organisations in view of providing fiscal support to the Association.
Strategic outcome of the TAF was to have:
Functioning secretariat that works with and supports the REASL board, sub-committees, and general membership.
Fundraising strategy with identified potential partners and secured funding commitments.
Strengthen partnership with the SL Standards Bureau and achieve endorsement as the authentic RE Association certification partner for all IEC standards for the exemption of VAT and Duty Waivers.
Develop a training curricula by working with tertiary and other technical vocational institutions to be used and included in diplomas and certification modules for renewable energy sector.
The Renewable Energy Association of Sierra Leone conducted elections ..
July 6, 2019
The Renewable Energy Association of Sierra Leone (REASL) on Thursday 11th July 2019 conducted elections and welcomed its second set of newly elected Executive Board Directors.
The elections was held at 32D Wilkinson Road, GIZ conference room and conducted by GIZ Energizing Development (EnDev) project.
The Outgoing President, Madam Sophie Johnson thanked her Executive and the general membership for their support throughout her tenure.
Madam Sophie Johnson commended her executive and members for their collective effort in establishing the association and being proud that the” Renewable Private Sector”, now have a platform were they can lobby and advocate to the Government. Madam Sophie Johnson further stated that it was a privilege and rewarding opportunity to have served the association for two years noted that REASL is now being recognized both nationally and internationally.
The election was done by secret balloting and votes casted were counted manually in a transparent manner.
If you find a high quality constructor for your project?